KOR Properties, in partnership with local charity Helen’s Hope Chest, is stuffing Christmas stockings to help foster children in need this holiday season. Did you know that there are almost 18,000 children currently in foster care in Arizona? Last year, our KOR Family helped us donate over 200 stockings and we know we can DOUBLE that this year. Please join us again to help make this Christmas season a little more special for all the kids in our community!
How to be a Santa’s Helper:
- Commit to filling stockings (great project for the entire family/office/classroom). Email KarenLBrard@gmail.com or Email@AlejandroRojas.Realtor with the number of stockings you are committing to fill.
- The budget for each stocking should be $15-$20. Empty stockings are available for $1 at Dollar Tree and other dollar stores. Please do not exceed $20 per filled stocking, instead, please just take on another stocking!
- Stocking items should be new and unwrapped. Target and Michael’s have great stocking stuffers in their dollar sections starting in November. They sell out quickly so stock up early
- We are filling stockings for kids 3 -10 years of age. They can be generic or boy/girl specific. Please include a cuddly stuffed animal and nut-free candy in each stocking (a full sized candy bar is always a nice treat). The dollar stores have great stuffed animals for $2-$3. Other great stocking stuffer ideas include:
- Drop off or request a pick up! You may deliver your stuffed stockings to the KOR Properties offices at 4320 E. Brown Road, Suite 106, Mesa 85205 before December 4th or we will happily swing by anytime and pick up the stockings from you. Please just email us at KarenLBrard@gmail.com or Email@AlejandroRojas.Realtor or call directly at 480-495-1938 or 480-779-0836 to request a pick up.
- If you don’t have the time to stuff a stocking, we will happily accept donations and do all the work for you. Many of our clients did this last year and our kids had fun stuffing the stockings and playing Santa!
Bouncy balls (3″ or larger) and foam footballs
Card games like Uno, Spot It, or Old Maid
Fun pens and markers (i.e. gel pens, glitter pens, scented markers)
Joke books, coloring books, or puzzle books
Small notebooks or stickers
Lego Mini Figures, Silly Putty, Matchbox cars
Flash light or clip-on book light (include batteries)
Fuzzy socks, hats or mittens